December 13, 2006

OMG @ OBGYN

I was there having a baby. Well, I was there with someone who was having a baby, namely my wife. We're all ok. Gretchen Althea Batt was born 12/9 at 2332. She weighed 3.6kg and was 53cm long. There's an OMG for you.

ICFBI moment came a few hours earlier, though. I'd gone home to feed Leica and returned at about nine in the evening. On the sofa by the elevator was a father and his 6 year old son. When I walked onto the ward, I didn't see anyone hooked up to a monitor, so I assumed that the person they were with was having a C-section. She came out a few minutes later, knocked out on a gurney, and the father and son came in. Then son is running all over the place calling his mom and asking her how she feels and stuff, which I thought was a little odd. I asked my sister-in-law if she'd had a C-section. A stiff shake of the head was the answer, followed up with the mouthed word "Abortion."

I've got two wonderful kids and I'm not going to weigh in on this issue except to say Safe, Legal, & Rare. However, if it weren't for the fact that my wife was about to deliver our second child, I would have gone over and smacked the shit out of the father for bringing a young child to his younger siblings execution. And THEN letting him run all over the place, shouting, and crawling on the bed in the 30 minutes he allowed his wife to rest before taking her home.

On my Taiwan's Bottom Five List: INCONSIDERATE

No comments: